Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dabbling in Poetry

Written today during English class...

For someone who's so hesitant to love,
You're quick to hate.
Open you're eyes and look all around you,
You are surrounded by suffering and pain.
We've all got lessons to learn and people to meet,
And for some uknown reason our paths have crossed.
See the people holding back tears,
Watch the girl trying to be strong.
We're all in the midst of sorrowful times.
Please, learn to love, please,
There's no more room in this world,
for your hate, like daggers.


Written a while ago (I need to start putting dates in my journal)...

Taking control of her life again,
She holds her head up high and smiles,
daring life's challenges to try and destroy her.
She will not give up,
She will not allow herself to be hurt.
Once again she will lead her life,
She will be the rock for so many others,
She will no longer let life slip through her fingers.
The visions of depression all but a sad memory,
reminding her of the past.
Never again will she allow that to happen,
Never again will she quit the battle,
Never again will she lose control.


Written even a longer time ago...

Snow, falling ever so lightly,
Winter, creeping so quietly.
I close my eyes,
letting it all dissappear.
I stop and listen,
memorizing all of the sounds.
The cold bites my fingertips,
And I hold back tears
as I walk away,
Leaving it all behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment