Monday, June 13, 2011

Real or Costume?

They had nothing more to say to each other. Nothing at all. Emma and Elizabeth stood glaring at one another for a few more moments before each girl turned on their heal and marched in opposite directions. Emma couldn’t believe that Elizabeth would stab her in the back like that. Elizabeth didn’t understand why Emma was so angry about something so trivial. What was going on here?

“And then she had the nerve to ask me why I was so angry!” Emma said into the phone receiver a few hours later, talking to one of her other friends. “Like, seriously? That was the locket from my mom, from before, you know, the accident! And Elizabeth lost it! She knew how important that was to me. That girl didn’t even have the nerve to ask to borrow it, and then she just loses it! Ridiculous!”

“Mom! I don’t even know why she’s so mad!” Elizabeth cries to her mother, trying to hold back her tears. “She just started yelling at me! I only borrowed her show necklace, it wasn’t like it was expensive or anything! I could go to the costume store and buy a brand new one to replace it. I didn’t lose anything like the one that her mom gave her before she died! How could she do this to me?”

These two fourteen year old girls were in the middle of a Junior High School crisis. Maybe I’ll revisit their story later, maybe not. This idea came off of http://www.creativewritingprompts.com, number 161.

No comments:

Post a Comment